SleepIQ® app pairing requires a compatible mobile device.
Follow USB pairing to get your bed online if you don't have a compatible smart phone or tablet.
- Pumps containing an External Wi-Fi Module (USB) are not compatible with this process.
What you'll need
Access to a laptop or desktop computer
A blank USB stick
- Compatible Wi-Fi network
Your Wi-Fi network name and password for network
- Identify if your pump currently has a USB installed. (USB port is located to the right of the power cord on the pump)
- If yes, it is not compatible with this process. Do not move forward.
- If no, begin Part 1.
Part 1: Download file to USB stick
- Log into your SleepIQ account at sleepiq.sleepnumber.com.
- Select settings, top right, gear icon.
- Select Home Network.
- Remove any old Wi-Fi network(s).
- Click Add Wi-Fi Network.
- Type in your Wi-Fi network name and password. Network credentials are case sensitive. Click Save.
- Click How to setup your bed.
- Click Download Config File. Click Accept if you get a popup message asking if you want to download the file.
- Insert the USB stick into the computer.
- Remove any files saved to your USB drive. The pump won't be able to download your Wi-Fi network credentials if there are other files saved to the USB drive.
- Transfer the bam-init.conf file from the downloads folder to the USB drive. Do not rename the file.
Part 2: Connect to Wi-Fi
- Unplug your base or pump.
NOTE: If your pump currently has a USB plugged in, it is not compatible with this process. Please do not move forward.
- Insert the USB drive into the pump USB port, located on front or side of pump, same side as power cord.
- Plug base or pump back in.
- Remove USB stick after all 5 LED lights stop flashing and blinking.
- If the third LED (Wi-Fi light) is still blinking after 10 minutes, there may have been a typo when entering the network credentials. If the fourth LED is still blinking after 10 minutes check your internet to make sure it is connected.
Fast blinking Wi-Fi (3rd) LED light: This means an invalid Wi-Fi password was entered.
- Delete all files from your USB drive.
- Remove your Wi-Fi network from your SleepIQ account.
- Repeat Part 1. Make sure there are no typos when entering your network name and Wi-Fi password.
- Repeat Part 2.
Slow blinking third or fourth LED light or cloud server (5th) LED light off: Make sure your internet service is working by testing a google search and opening a web page on another device. Your router may be unplugged or your internet service down.
Contact your internet service provider to make sure your Wi-Fi network meets SleepIQ compatibility requirements and your router is broadcasting a strong signal in your bedroom. For best results, we recommend that your router is no more than 30 feet away from your bed.