The first step in troubleshooting an E3 error is determining if you own a Sleep Number Traditional FlexFit base or a Sleep Number 360 Smart FlexFit adjustable base.
This article will help you troubleshoot this error on a Traditional FlexFit adjustable base.
1. Check power connections
Make sure that:
- You are in the same room as your bed when you use your remote.
- The main power cord is plugged into a grounded outlet that is not controlled by a switch.
- The detachable end of the power cord is firmly connected to the pump.
- The red power switch is illuminated red when on
- Try taking the batteries out of the remote and putting them back in to clear a frozen remote.
2. If you still are experiencing an E3 error after checking power connections, we recommend the following:
- If your bed is plugged into a surge protector we recommend plugging your FlexFit™ adjustable base into a wall outlet or power strip instead. The base may not be getting enough power or you may have a faulty surge protector or power strip.
- Try power cycling your FlexFit™ adjustable base by unplugging and plugging it back in. This forces the control system to switch to a different remote channel.
- Sometimes a remote channel gets busy. Your base has four radio frequency channels. You can try power cycling up to four times or any time you notice a recurrence of frequent E3 errors.
- Have you recently installed a replacement FlexFit control system? Complete a factory reset on your remote to pair your remote to your bed.
If the troubleshooting steps above do not resolve the issue, please submit your feedback by sending us an email. Please include your name, email address, order number, error code you are experiencing, and the MAC address found on your pump.