The first step in troubleshooting an E3 error is determining if you own a Sleep Number Traditional FlexFit base or a Sleep Number 360 Smart FlexFit adjustable base.
This article will help you troubleshoot this error on a 360 Smart FlexFit adjustable base.
1. Check power connections
- Check the power cord at the head of your bed. Make sure it is plugged into an outlet not controlled by a switch.
- Ensure the detachable end of the power cord and the wire connections are firmly connected to the pump. These are located at the left foot of your bed on a shelf under the platform of your adjustable base.
- Tip: The easiest way to access these connections is by laying on the floor and reaching under the base.
- Try taking the batteries out of the remote and putting them back in to clear a frozen remote.
- There is also a power cord connected to the FlexFit™ control system underneath your base. We recommend checking this if you have recently moved your bed. See Moving My 360 Smart FlexFit Adjustable Base for help accessing the electronics of your base.
2. If you still are experiencing an E3 error after checking power connections, we recommend the following:
- Try power cycling your bed by unplugging and plugging it back in. This forces the electronics to switch to a different remote channel.
- Sometimes a remote channel gets busy. Your bed has four radio frequency channels. You can try power cycling up to four times or any time you notice a recurrence of frequent E3 errors.
If the troubleshooting steps above do not resolve the issue, please submit your feedback by sending us an email. Please include your name, email address, order number, error code you are experiencing, and the MAC address found on your pump.