Sleeping Too Hot
Sleeping too warm is actually a sign that the mattress is doing what it is supposed to; providing proper support! The Sleep Number mattress contours closely to your body, which means that your body is in contact with more of the mattress than if you were sleeping on an innerspring. This reduces pressure points on your body, allowing for improved circulation. The combination of improved circulation and more overall support (contact with the mattress) may cause some individuals to sleep warmer.
Did You Know?: Your body's core temperature drops as you fall deeper asleep. At the same time your skin temperature rises. For some people, "sleeping warm" is a sign they are getting deep, restful sleep.
Here are a few tips to try if you are uncomfortably warm:
1. Look for a heat source
Check to see if there is a heat source under or close to your Sleep Number bed (For example a vent)
2. Move the mattress comfort pad
If you have a pillow top-style mattress, the foam topper pad can retain and reflect heat while you sleep. To reduce this extra warmth, remove the foam comfort pad which rests on top of the air chambers and place it underneath the air chambers.
3. Swap out your bedding
Often times, the type of bedding that a person uses contributes to the warmth of the bed. If you find the bed to be warm, we suggest using 100% cotton bedding. This includes your mattress pad, sheets, blanket and comforter. Many people prefer an open weave cotton blanket.
Sleeping Too Cold
If you find yourself shivering or waking up cold during the night, here are a couple of tips to try:
1. Take a warm shower before bed
Showering warms your skin, which actually lowers your internal body temperature. A cooler internal temp helps bring on sleepiness.
2. Skip exercise and large meals before bed
Exercising before bed can raise your internal temperature, making it harder to fall asleep. A big meal can also elevate your body temperature and interfere with sleep.
3. Swap out your bedding
If the tips above don't seem to cut it, try switching out your bedding to some warmer options. Give flannel sheets a try, add another blanket or try a blanket with a tighter weave to trap more body heat.
Choose bedding solutions to sleep just right.
Sleep Number also has several solutions to help keep you both sleeping just right all night.
- The DualTemp™ layer allows you to heat or cool each side of the bed with active air technology, so you can both sleep exactly the way you like.
- In Balance™ bedding adapts to you. It absorbs excess heat, and then releases it back as your body gets cooler in the early morning hours.
- Create Your Perfect Comforter™ allows you to customize your warmth on each side of the bed.
- Shop the new 360™ Smart Bed with advanced comfort, cooling and footwarming features.