- Make sure your bed is plugged into a working outlet that is not controlled by a switch.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is compatible with Sleep Number smart beds.
- Ensure the Sleep Number app is updated to the latest version.
- It is normal to experience issues such as app crashes when you are using an outdated app version or when your device operating system no longer meets compatibility requirements.
- If you are experiencing any challenges with bed controls, we recommend force-closing the app, then reopening the app and trying bed controls again. If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting suggestions below.
- How to force close an app on iPhone: From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen. Swipe right of left to find the app that you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
- How to force close an app on Android: Depending on your device, you may have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap the Recent Apps button to the left of the Home button then swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
The Sleep Number pump is a Bluetooth device. A Bluetooth connection is required to get the bed online with the Sleep Number app.
Setting Up Bluetooth
- You must be near your bed and have Bluetooth turned on to use this option.
- Select "Allow" on your device to allow the Sleep Number app to connect to your bed via Bluetooth.
- You may need to select "Allow" again to turn on location services. This allows the Sleep Number app to connect to your bed via Bluetooth.
- Selecting "Deny" disables location services and prevents the Sleep Number app from connecting to your bed via Bluetooth.
- The Sleep Number app requires Bluetooth to connect to your bed and will continue to show this message if locations services are disabled.
- If your device doesn't prompt you to turn on location services, you can navigate through your device settings to allow the Sleep Number app to connect to Bluetooth.
- Device settings menu options vary be device and operating system. If you can't find the Sleep Number app privacy and location services permissions for your device, reach out to your device carrier or manufacturer for support.
- Enable Bluetooth in two places to connect your device to your bed.
- Turn Bluetooth on in device settings.
- Allow your bed to access your device via Bluetooth in device privacy settings or location services settings.
- Android users should turn on location settings to give the Sleep Number app permission to connect to their bed.
- Apple users should turn on Bluetooth in their device privacy settings.
- Try turning Bluetooth off then on again in your device settings to reset the connection if you are still experiencing issues.
- Note: Only one device can connect to the bed at a time.
- Turn Bluetooth off on your partner's phone or tablet and try your device again.
- If you are still having trouble controlling your bed or having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi, log out of the Sleep Number app and tap "Adjust Your Smart Bed" on the login screen to control your bed.