Cleaning the Mattress Surface
We recommend using a Total Protection Mattress Pad to protect your mattress. Follow these steps if the mattress becomes stained:
- Do not remove the cover of the mattress.
- Spot clean using water and very small amount of water, just enough to dampen the surface.
- Apply with a white cloth, rubbing gently and allow to air dry completely.
- For best results treat all stains as quickly as possible once they appear. Some stains may not be able to be removed.
- Do not machine wash or dry clean, which will cause the cover to shrink.
- Do not apply stain-guard, as it may cause yellowing of the fabric.
Cleaning Loose Dirt and Debris
A vacuum with a non-bristled attachment can be used to clean up dirt and debris in or on the mattress. Do not use a vacuum directly on the mattress as it may cause damage.
If you notice slight odors in the mattress, dryer sheets can be tucked beneath the top panel of your mattress cover (for non-smart beds) or under your mattress pad/fitted sheet (smart beds) until the odor dissipates.
CAUTION: Do not use air-freshener sprays on the mattress as they could saturate the fabric and cause it to shrink, or stain the fabric.