All you need is 5 minutes, your remote and the pillow you usually use.
You can use the SleepIQ® app or your remote to find your Sleep Number setting. You'll experience a range of settings, from the firmest (100) to a very soft setting, to help you learn what level of support feels best to you.
When you find your ideal Sleep Number® setting, you'll feel aligned, supported and comfortable. Your setting will likely change over time as your body and support needs. Follow these steps any time you want to find your ideal setting, whether it's your first or 500th night in your bed. Sleeping with a partner? They should follow these same steps to find their own setting.
Before you start
Lie in bed in your normal sleeping position with your remote or SleepIQ® app in hand. This is important, because your weight and position affect the air pressure and feel of your bed.
If you have more than one sleeping position, try the one you usually wake up in, because this is the position you usually spend the most time in at night.
Make sure your pillow is fully supporting the curve of your neck. The bottom of the pillow should reach your shoulders. If you're a back sleeper, you can even place the pillow slightly under your shoulders.
Follow the SleepIQ® app or remote steps to find your setting.
Find your setting with the SleepIQ® app
- Tap Smart Bed
- Tap Sleep Number setting
- Tap Find Favorite
- The app will guide you through finding your Sleep Number® setting.
Find your setting with your remote
- Press the Home button
- Select Sleep Number
- Press the Favorite button
- Select Find Your Sleep Number
- Select Continue
- The remote will guide you through finding your Sleep Number® setting.
Stopping at the right setting
First, your bed will get firmer—increasing all the way to 100, the firmest Sleep Number® setting. As the bed gets firmer, relax and pay attention to how your body feels.
After reaching the firmest setting, your bed will get softer. Again, pay attention to how your body feels as the bed gets softer.
The moment your body feels perfectly supported, with no discomfort at your pressure points, select Enter on the remote or press Stop on the app. You have found your Sleep Number setting! Your app will automatically save this setting as your Favorite Sleep Number Setting. You can use your remote to save your setting too.
Give your new setting a few nights
We recommend sleeping at your Sleep Number® setting for two to five nights. If you’re not comfortable after that, try adjusting your setting by 5 or 10.
- Increasing your setting—for example, from 35 to 40—will provide a firmer mattress.
- Decreasing your setting—for example, from 35 to 30—will provide a softer mattress.
How you feel in the morning is an indication of how well you slept. If you have the SleepIQ® app, review your sleep score and data for a more detailed look at how you’re sleeping. If you're still not sure you're at the right setting, read about what comfort and alignment look like to feel more confident adjusting your setting.
How to Save a Favorite Sleep Number® Setting
- Log into the SleepIQ app.
- Tap Smart Bed.
- Tap Sleep Number setting.
- Adjust the bed to your Sleep Number setting.
- Choose "Save as Favorite"
- The new Favorite Sleep Number setting will display next to the current Sleep Number setting.
- Tap "Favorite" to effortlessly adjust your saved Sleep Number setting.
- Select the side of the bed you want to control.
- Press and hold the Heart button to save the current setting as your Favorite Sleep Number setting.