Applies To: Traditional Precision Comfort, FlexFit, FlexFit +, and FlexFit 1, 2, and 3 models. Excludes 360 Smart FlexFit Adjustable Bases.
King size and larger adjustable bases are made up of two Twin or Twin XL bases that are held together by bed straps at the head and the foot of the base. A set of two bed straps are included with all king and California king size bases sold after 2012.
Before You Begin
- Check the contents of your bed strap kit. The kit should contain: (2) bed straps and (4) washers.
- We recommend having two people for this process. One person to slightly lift the base and the other person to install the bed straps.
- Make sure the two bases are beside each other.
- Unscrew the two inner legs at the head of your bed. You don’t need to completely remove the inside legs.
- Slide the bed strap into place. The threaded portion of the inner legs should go through the outside holes of the bed strap.
- Once the bed strap is installed re-tighten the inner legs.
- Repeat this process for the foot of your bed.
- Completely unscrew one of the outer legs.
- Place one of the washers on the leg and reattach it to your adjustable base.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the outer legs. This will ensure that your base is level due to the space created by the bed straps.