- Traditional Sleep Number FlexFit adjustable bases.
Refer to 360 Smart FlexFit Troubleshooting if your bed has a Favorite Button on the side of the bed at hip level.
Check out the info below for help with some of the most commonly asked questions related to FlexFit adjustable bases. If you are experiencing an issue that is not listed, please contact us so we can help.
- Won't turn on or operate
- Error messages
- Base won't go flat
- Noisy Base
- Massage or lighting doesn't work
Won’t turn on or operate
Follow troubleshooting steps below depending on the model FlexFit Adjustable Base you own.
- Verify the power cord from the Power Down box is plugged into a working outlet. A King size model has two Power Down boxes.
- Unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, plug back into a working outlet to reset the electronic components.
- Ensure remote batteries are not dead.
FlexFit 1, 2 or 3
- Make sure the base is plugged in.
- Attempt to adjust the base to check for error messages.
- For error messages
If Bed Position is missing from the list of option on the Home Screen, complete a factory reset to reconnect the remote to your base. Follow solution for option missing from remote Home screen.
Solving FlexFit 1, 2, or 3 Error Messages
This usually occurs when a connection is loose. We recommend pushing in all FlexFit Connections to ensure they are secure. For connectivity errors follow Troubleshooting E3 Bed Position Connectivity Error. For all other error messages follow steps to check connections.
- Check the mounted connections under your base to see if a wire or cable has been disconnected or damaged. Also, check the connections on the back of the FlexFit Control system, located near the head of the bed.
- If you have an Eastern King, FlexTop King or Split King, please check the mounted connections under both sides.
- After verifying connections, unplug the FlexFit Control System for 20 seconds then plug back in. If this does not resolve the issue you are experiencing, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.
Base Won't Go Flat
- Check to make sure there is nothing obstructing the base from moving, such as furniture or bedding.
- If you have a Split King size bed, make sure the bases are not too close together. This may be causing the bed to not go completely flat.
- For older model adjustable bases (sold 2013 and before), follow these steps to manually return your base to flat. Press and hold the learn button on the power down box to slowly force the bed to go flat. If this function does not work, replace the battery in the Power Down Box. The Power Box requires a 9-volt battery.
Usually sound is related to the acoustics of the room the bed is in. You can expect a humming sound from the lift motors when the bed is adjusting and a low drumming noise from the massage motors when the massage feature is turned on.
To minimize the level of normal sound emitted by your FlexFit Adjustable Base, we recommend the following:
- If you are hearing a rattling sound, check if there are headboard brackets that were left in their packaging under your bed.
- If your bed is on hard wood or tile, put carpet squares or rubber caster cups under the legs of the base
- Raise the head or foot slightly to alleviate contact with the frame when using the massage feature
- Make sure there isn’t anything under the bed that may be vibrating against the base.
- Please contact Customer Service if you are hearing grinding or abnormal noise while operating your bed.
My Base Adjusts, but Massage or Lighting Isn't Working
FlexFit 3 Nightstand Lamp isn’t Working
- Make sure the lamp that is being operated by the Universal remote is switched to the on position, and is securely plugged into the right or left nightstand outlet of your FlexFit 3 Control Box.
- Verify FlexFit Control Box is getting power by verifying the Red Power Switch is illuminated, and testing that you are able to adjust the base.
- If still unable to turn on nightstand through the remote, test the lamp by plugging it into a wall outlet.
FlexFit 3 Underbed lighting isn’t working
- Verify the FlexFit Control System is securely plugged in and the red switch is illuminated indicating the system is receiving power.
- Verify the red underbed lighting cable is securely connected to the FlexFit Control System and the red wire extension under the bed.
- Inspect the lighting strip and red cable extension for any visible signs of damage and to make sure the light strip is plugged into the red cable extension, and the red cable extension is plugged into the FlexFit Control System.
FlexFit + or FlexFit 3 Massage is Not Working
- Ensure power down box, the black power box underneath the base, is plugged into a working outlet, and receiving power.
- Make sure the remote has working batteries, and is operating other functions of the base.
- Check under your bed to see if a wire or cable has been disconnected or damaged. We recommend pushing in all FlexFit control system connections to ensure they are secure.