What is Baselining?
A baseline is the air pressure reading of the mattress when the bed is empty. This allows your SleepIQ system to detect when you get in and out of bed, and is important for recording accurate SleepIQ data.
- If you have an adjustable base set the bed position to Flat.
- Each sleeper should set their Sleep Number® Setting on their side of the bed.
- Make sure there aren’t people, pets, or heavy objects on the bed. Bedding is ok.
Baseline through the SleepIQ App
- Log in to the SleepIQ app.
- Select Bed.
- Open the settings gear icon (top right).
- Choose "Need to baseline your bed?"
Baseline through the SleepIQ Website
- Log into your SleepIQ account at sleepiq.sleepnumber.com.
- Click Bed Control (top right).
- Click your bed’s name.
- Under Troubleshooting, click Baseline Bed.
- Click yes when prompted. If you can't see the option to click yes, scroll further down the page, try zooming out, or use a different internet browser.
Baseline through the Remote
- Go to the Home menu.
- Select System.
- Select Settings.
- Select Reset Preferences.
- Select Reset SleepIQ or Baseline SleepIQ. (Language varies by remote version.)
- Follow the prompts in the remote until resetting the Firmness Control™ system is complete.