Getting your bed online ensures you can start taking advantage of all the benefits of your new smart bed on your very first night. Review the steps below to see which applies to you. The SleepIQ® app will guide you through the process step by step.
What You Will Need
- A SleepIQ compatible device.
- Your home Wi-Fi network name and password.
Before You Begin
- Make sure your bed is fully assembled and plugged in.
- Turn on Bluetooth in your device settings and enable location services.
- Stay next to your bed the entire time.
Table of Contents
Getting your first bed online
Get Another Bed Online
- Open the SleepIQ app and tap "Profile."
- Tap the account settings icon in the top right corner.
- Under "My Sleep Number Beds", tap the bed you are setting up. Add sleeper profiles if you haven't yet. If you have already set up sleeper profiles, this option will be grayed out.
- Tap "Need to get your bed online?"
- Tap "Install Replacement Electronics" and follow the steps to pair and get your smart bed online. This may take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and enter your password. Make sure your router is within 40 feet of your bed and your internet service is connected.
- Stay next to your bed until the process is complete.
Bed Offline: My bed was online and now it's not
- Open the SleepIQ® app and log in if needed.
- Tap Smart Bed.
- Tap the bed settings & support icon in the top right corner.
- Select "Connectivity" and "Change Wi-Fi" to update your Wi-Fi network information.
- The app will scan for your Wi-Fi network. When prompted, select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Note: If you don't see your network listed, make sure your router is within 40 feet of your bed and your internet service is connected.
- If your Wi-Fi network password contains special characters, you may have trouble getting online. We recommend changing your password if this happens.
- Wi-Fi passwords are case sensitive.
- Stay next to your bed until everything is complete. If you're having trouble getting online, find additional help with Trouble Getting Online.
Bed Offline: Replacement Pump
- Turn Bluetooth on in your device settings. Stay within 8 feet of your bed while pairing.
- Tap Smart Bed.
- If you have multiple beds, make sure you select the correct bed.
- Tap the bed Settings & Support icon in the top right corner.
- Select "Install Replacement Electronics" and follow the prompts within the app.
If your bed does not come online, try the below steps:
- Perform a power cycle on your bed by unplugging your bed for 30 seconds.
- Climate360 customers can power cycle through the SleepIQ app. Steps can be found here.
- Plug your bed back in.
- After the bed fully reboots (takes 2-3 minutes).
- Walk through the Setup Replacement Pump process listed above.
- If you're having trouble getting online, find additional help with Trouble Getting Online.
How to check if your bed is online
- Log into the SleepIQ® app.
- Select 'Smart Bed.'
- Open 'Bed Settings' (top right corner).
- Your app will tell you if you bed needs to be paired, is online, or offline.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to get my bed online?
Your bed doesn't need to be online to adjust your Sleep Number® setting or FlexFit™ base. However, getting your bed online is required if you want your bed to track your sleep or if you want to use Responsive Air™ technology. You can pause sleep session tracking at any time by using the SleepIQ Privacy feature. Learn more about why getting online is important.
Can I get my bed online without the SleepIQ app?
Will my phone or tablet work with my bed?
The SleepIQ® app is available on most Apple and Android mobile phones and tablets. Your device must be updated to the latest software version to work with the SleepIQ app. If you are using an outdated software version you may experience problems using the SleepIQ app. Read our full list of device compatibility requirements to make sure your device will work. We recommend purchasing a remote if your device does not meet the requirements for SleepIQ® technology and you do not plan to upgrade your device before your bed arrives.