Getting your bed online ensures you can start taking advantage of all the benefits of your new smart bed on your very first night. The SleepIQ® app will guide you through the process step by step.
What You Will Need
- A SleepIQ® compatible device.
- Your home Wi-Fi network name and password.
Before You Begin
- Make sure your bed is fully assembled and plugged in.
- Turn on Bluetooth in your device settings and enable location services.
- Stay next to your bed the entire time.
- Make sure you have registered your SleepIQ® account.
- Download the SleepIQ® app if you haven't already.
- Open the SleepIQ® app and log in.
- Tap Smart Bed.
- Tap the bed settings & support icon in the top right corner.
- Select "Connectivity" and "Change Wi-Fi" to update your Wi-Fi network information.
- The app will scan for your Wi-Fi network. When prompted, select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Note: If you don't see your network listed, make sure your router is within 40 feet of your bed and your internet service is connected.
- If your Wi-Fi network contains special characters you may have trouble getting online. We recommend changing your network name if this happens.
- Wi-Fi passwords are case sensitive.
- Stay next to your bed until everything is complete. If you're having trouble getting online, find additional help with Trouble Getting Online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to get my bed online?
Your bed doesn't need to be online to adjust your Sleep Number® setting or FlexFit™ base. However, getting your bed online is required if you want your bed to track your sleep or if you want to use Responsive Air™ technology. You can pause sleep session tracking at any time by using the SleepIQ Privacy feature. Learn more about why getting online is important.
Can I get my bed online without the SleepIQ app?
Will my phone or tablet work with my bed?
The SleepIQ® app is available on most Apple and Android mobile phones and tablets. Your device must be updated to the latest software version to work with the SleepIQ app. If you are using an outdated software version you may experience problems using the SleepIQ app. Read our full list of device compatibility requirements to make sure your device will work. We recommend purchasing a remote if your device does not meet the requirements for SleepIQ® technology and you do not plan to upgrade your device before your bed arrives.